Monday, January 23, 2012

Spiritual Car Seats


This is something I posted  in the fall that continues to be appropriate today. 

 October 17, 2011
Today I look for the gifts He gives and I want so much to have a grateful heart. My daughter Laura, who is in 2nd grade, is finishing her Fall Break today and we are spending the afternoon with my parents in-law who live about 12 miles away…..
Before coming to their house I dropped Lindy, who is 3, off at preschool.  Grandma’s house is on the way and Laura decided she wanted me to drop her off before taking Lindy. And I had no plan to do that so as we passed the exit she wanted to take she was crying and whining and telling me how we were going the WRONG WAY and how horrible life was for her because I wasn’t going the way she wanted. Then she was listing for me the reasons it would have been best for me to take her first. And I kept driving, listening to Veggie Tales worship songs.  And I thought about how like her I am with God. He is driving and He has the wheel and I am buckled in and going with Him where He goes. So often I think we need to take another way and so often I complain and cry about how I want things to be.  And I even will tell God the advantages of life going the way I want it to. Like I have even a clue what’s best for me. And yet we still go and God still drives and I get where He takes me and am always blessed for it. So I have a choice today…..I can complain and be upset with the way life unfolds, because it is going to unfold as God wills it…or I can accept and walk in gratitude for His plan. Today I choose the latter. In the mini-van of life I’ve got my seat belt on in my car seat (I’m not old enough yet to sit without a booster…) and I’m choosing to let God drive where He sees fit. And knowing that what He has planned is for His glory and what is best for me.
I'll just keep looking out the window and enjoying my Veggie Tales!

No comments:

Post a Comment