Monday, January 23, 2012

The Goodwill of Life

I was shopping at the Goodwill last Friday and was reminded of a time I brought Laura there late last summer....here is her take on the Goodwill.
"Mommy, these are the coolest clothes EVER!!!!"
What a beautiful lesson in gratitude and humility.
She loves the clothes that are the discards, the leftovers.....She doesn't know that yet, she's not savvy enough to know that yet....she just loves.
No wonder God loves children and asks me to be like one...trusting and open...He loves the people of the "Goodwill of life"-the discards, the ones a little pilly and worn...not shiny and brand new. Those who aren't quite right or popular or stylish.  
I know that unlike the Goodwill, I was not bought at a discount. I have been bought and paid for with the life and blood of His precious Son. I'm a little pilly and worn, definitely not shiny on the outside, but inside He's making me new every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment